my parents they warned me not to waste my years


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



first day of the year. always an excuse to make changes i should've done months, maybe even years ago.

nonetheless, the change of the year on the calendar is a worthwhile marker that profound changes or initiatives need to be taken. 2006 will probably the year the i finish my undergrad. in a drunken haze, i lay in bed way into today's hours thinking the next 12 months will be like no other. accomplishments call for drastic changes and an opportunity to lay out resolutions worth sticking with.

it's high time to get out of the mcjobs and get my foot into a door of a potential solid career employer. mcjobs have been fun for the past, ooh let's say, 6-7 years but now there's added pressure to get serious and realize that working in restuarants as a prep cook or my dick part time grocery job is no longer as cool when those around you are securing opportunity filled internership etc etc etc.

those coincides with getting out of the suburbs that fun seems to have forgotten. while mooching off the parents has avoided the student debt trap, it's made me restless as never before. each night i drive through the mundane bland streets realizing this is not where i belong, at least not yet. simply not ready to lose my life in a backyard. there's a great desire to live like a straving artist in several urban centres for at least weeks on time. whether it's toronto, new york, seattle, london or whatever, nothing here is holding me to stay beyond this summer. more so, getting rid of the car so needed to in these 'burbs will make room for added cash. move out, somewhere, anywhere but here. at last there is nothing left here for me.

get in shape. thanks my employer i get a decent back sratching deal on their gyms and dirt cheap personal trainers. as long as i am with my current McEmployer, why not sculp myself into something misty queen goes ga ga about. when our once scrawny brother and scrawny friend are turning into beefy monsters and you continue to glorify the 10 months of ancient high school what you called working out is not enough to grapple on their par, it's time to do something about it.

and most of all, misty queen. in these times of the changes are going to occur in both our lives, have her continue to be the shore to my sea as she's my sea to my shore. this year something's going to give--we both know it--but if on december 31st 2006, she's still kissing me on the lips, she'll be kissing me till our hearts expire.

ah yah, and work on the whole world peace thing if i have time.

and all these are more realistic than idealistic. once the world was big and i was small. now it's the other way around.

and that sounds way gay.


Dailies

old thoughts become new revelations