i found a new drug and supposedly it's not fucking my mind


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



after posting this morning I went to class and all could think about was trying to add some more words to describe myself to go along with the post below. I gotta say this blogging thing is pretty addictive and gets in your veins awfully quick. I guess we all yearn from some sort of attention outside of the contact of your daily contacts.

I can’t tell you what class was about but looking at the course outline he’s supposed to be talking about Machiavelli’s Prince. I know I should pay more attention in class and blah blah blah but whatever. In theory the course sounded kinda cool as we were to be reading up on classics by the likes of plato and Aristotle. I down for that shit cuz I’m all up for knowledge from the godfathers of politics but the professor ruined that earlier. Granted he made it known in the first class he loves “intellectually” sucking plato’s dick but I didn’t think it would be to the point of deep throat. His two decades of “immersing” himself in the work of plato is wrecking my own reading of the guy. So I stopped coming to class because no matter what/who the guy is talking about it always leads back to how plato said so-and-so and therefore he is right and you’re all gonna fail if you don’t repeat that on the exam. Yeah I understand the politics of a university education; it’s not what you think but what the professor says that gets you the gpa to get into grad school and make the cheddar but there’s gotta be a limit to this. Talking down on students because their readings are “misguided” or “taken out of context” isn’t where I want my tuition fees to go. I rarely bitch about professors and their own views because poli-sci professors naturally have their bent just as much as I do. It’s what makes political discourse work and I’ve had my fair share of educators who sit on both sides of the spectrum. However they manage to incorporate both sides of the debate even if it goes against their own opinions. Sometimes they say how absurd the ideas are but throw them out there nonetheless. This is how a liberal education should work and from that you draw your own conclusions. However, this dude teaching political theory is blatantly slanted to one point of view and when the student present alternative ideas they’re rejected with an arrogant chuckle and 5 minute run on thought about how dumb undergrads are. That’s why I make it a rare habit to attend that lecture and just scraping by to get the credit. Needless to say I’m not going to soft on him on that report card at the end of the year. The TA is no better: a short bald headed jew who has a huge pack as if he’s going to be scaling mount everest following the tutorial. It’s fucking massive and the contents of it utterly secret. I swear seeing short fat bald headed jews in their late 20s with back packs is riot! I attend that class because I am going to earn 10% for the final mark just for raising my hand when he calls out my name. Besides, what’s one hour of my time on a Monday morning? It’s not like I have anything better to do. Why not laugh at the silly jew? This summer I installed a shit load of toilets for elderly ladies so I can afford the privilege of attending this prestigious institution. And sure it lot of fun in the first year but since then I’ve grown overtly cynical that school doesn’t teach you shit to make it in the real world and those who do teach are the ones that have chosen to avoid real life altogether and devote their life to the “academia.” Honestly, what am I supposed to do get out this class? Some guy who brags about studying plato at oxford university is going to help me in a few years? If this class wasn’t a requisite I would have dropped it early on.


Dailies

old thoughts become new revelations