this is for a long drive with nothing to think about


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



so come at the end of august, i'm packing my slightly overweight buttocks into my car and driving till i hit the pacific coast. be it vancouver or la la land, the pacific is anxiously awaiting my arrival. or so my spider senses tell me so. i imagine dusty prarie roads, grungy diners, truckers galore and lack of sleep. when there, pop in broken social scene's you forgot it in people album and blaze myself retarded with the song pacific theme on repeat.

all of this came to me in a dream few nights ago and is obviously trying to tell me something.

sadly, no one has taken overt interest in joining me in this adventure, including misty queen herself. something about liking her summer job while i just want mine just to end and willing to depart a week early from that dehumanizing environment and just drive.

i knew a couple that did something like this and less than 2 years later were exchanging their vows. not that i am hinting at anything of that sort but spending some 10 odd days with someone in a car is a good make it/break it relationship litmus test. if there are no takers, i shall go on my own and become a highway hermit. reach moksha.

what would rock about this trip is upon my return, i depart on my 8-day pearl jam fest seeing them a total of six times. one essentially meaningless road trip followed by witnessing my idols do their thang.


Dailies

old thoughts become new revelations